- When you are at a sports bar, ask that the closest TV be tuned to a WNBA or women’s college basketball game.
- Wear your WNBA team gear outside the arena – it’s great advertising!
- Organize a “Let’s Go to a WNBA Game” event for your co-workers.
- Support girls’ basketball in your community by mentoring, coaching, fund-raising and cheering.
- Challenge unfair, derogatory comments about women’s basketball. Staying silent lets people think you agree.
- Donate extra tickets to charity or to someone who otherwise couldn’t go.
- Tell everyone how family-friendly and fun the WNBA games are.
- If you operate a business, surprise your favorite clients with tickets to a game.
- At sporting goods stores, ask for their WNBA section. If they say they don’t have one, explain why they should.
- Take young basketball players to a WNBA game. Make sure they learn that these exceptionally-talented athletes not only graduated from college (many with honors), but also run their own businesses, raise families and do volunteer work in the community. Now that’s a role model!
Have more ideas? Share them in the comments!